Sunday, December 10, 2017

Christmas...

We have not been baking much, but I know many ladies are baking lots of good things. One of my friends will be baking over 40 different kinds of cookies!

My cataract surgery went wonderfully.  How thankful I am to God for this.  It will be a week Tuesday since I had my cataract removed,  and I never knew a moment's worry.  (at the surgery, before it...yes, I did worry lol)... I will have the other eye done at a later date, since it is not ready yet. Tomorrow I have another check-up and hope for good news each time. All the drops you have to put in your eye 4 times a day are inconvenient,  but my husband has gotten good at being my nurse.

They say the surgery only takes about 15 or 20 minutes total, and a couple of days to get the anesthetic out of your system.  Though,  Amazon dot says it takes about 30 days to completely heal your eye. That sounds reasonable.

We did get our tree up...yay!  And are working on Christmas cards, little by little.  When I was at the craft fair last week, I bought some German paper-cutting ornaments for the tree.  I'll have to post a picture of one, they are delightful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So thankful for good results from your surgery. I look forward to seeing your new ornaments. Have a good day.

Saija said...

good news from a far land ... is sweet to hear ... keep on healing, take care of yourself and then ENJOY that the celebration of Jesus' birth ... (((hugs)))
p.s. no baking at our house ... we don't have much company these days and we don't need the goodies ourselves!