Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Simply sweet...

What is it about old-fashioned things that draw us?  The holidays have so many special things...I remember the fruit box Mom would make.... simply covering an  ordinary box with Christmas wrap and filling it with fruit.  And I still make her recipe of dates stuffed with walnut pieces and dipped in sugar, yum.  And  the sugar cookie recipe a friend gave me that was 100 years old. Hey, I'm beginning to sound like Gladys Tabor, how nice is that! She loved 'home' and everything about it.

6 comments:

Saija said...

oh i love the old fashioned card you posted ... the girl looks like my little niece ... and WOW, re the mail getting to you so quickly ... i'm glad to hear it arrived safe and sound ... i'm just checking my blog before heading to bed ... it seems i could hibernate like the bears in our area do! and wake up when spring comes ... or JESUS!!! *smile* ... blessings on you and your sweet hubby!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How pretty. I like thinking back on all the old traditions we had in my family when I was growing up. You can't help but miss them...and people you've loved. I hope your eyes continue to heal my friend. Holiday hugs!

Curtains in My Tree said...

Yes we all think back especially when you reach the age of 50 ? every year I think of how Christmas was when I was a child, now i'm not still 50 LOL
My grandparents only put the tree up Christmas Eve and our presents were never wrapped just set under the tree from Santa ( I lived with Grandparents)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I always loved to receive a gift of fruit at Christmas.

handmade by amalia said...

Traditions and memories give home more meaning and link us to our past. I like them as well.
Amalia
xo

Saija said...

hope your Christmas was wonderful! and that the new year holds extra health and many joys ... thank you so much for the card you sent us ... made me smile!!!! you are such an encourager ... may you be encouraged as well!