Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Oh Happy Day....

July 1st, hubby and I celebrated 50 years of marriage.  I said to him yesterday, just think....we would only have been married 4 days by July 4th!  (back in the day).  We received many beautiful cards from friends, and I am reluctant to put them away.  We have had many happy times and hope our Lord gives us even more years together.

I am knitting on a wrap that I started some years back.  It is almost done though. The special thing about it is that I spun the wool myself.  It was one of my first projects and a wonderfully nice lady gave me a huge amount of wool from her sheep almost free.  I can't tell you how I appreciated the wool and her kindness to me. Everything was new to me then....in the world of spinning wheels and wool...and scarce, until our paths crossed. What a blessing we can be to others, as she was to me.

John 14:1 'Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.'

Oh I almost forgot to tell you that I was able to download book #15 from the #1 Ladies Detective Agency,  from our free online library service!  It waits for me on my Kindle and when the borrowing time is up....they just erase it from the Kindle.  Isn't that just terrific?  I'm loving it!

6 comments:

Patsy said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!
You are so smart to do your on spinning.
Lovely--

Thanks about the on line library will check it
out. I just downloaded one of Agatha Raisin Mystery's
loved her old books set in the English country side
but now she is up to speed with modern day English
in her new books.

Anonymous said...

Hi sweet friend. Happy Anniversary. God bless you both.
I love mysteries. I recently told Patsy (comment above) about the Guideposts Mysteries of Silver Peak books by Carole Jefferson. I loved the first one and am starting on #2.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you have many more years of happiness! And I love the library ebooks! They are so easy to read and it's fun to look at the library website for books you might want to read. You can always return them if they aren't good. You've chosen a good book though. Hubby and I have both read several in this series and love them! Hugs!

Saija said...

that is quite the accomplishment! by God's grace! Happy happy anniversary to the sweathearts! ... leo and i will be celebrating 43 years in august ... so we are trying to catch up to you!

hope you are feeling "well" during the summer heat ... and that your projects are bringing you joy ...

praying for you, always, as the Lord brings you to mind ... big (hugs) your old blog bud, saija

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary!!

UplayOnline said...

that your projects are bringing you joy ...


หีฟิต