Tuesday, January 11, 2011

In the nest...

These roses are some of the prettiest we've ever had. Thank you Hubby! (and Aldies!)


Some of our favorite things. I learned from Mom to open the date, place half a walnut inside, close it up and dip it in the sugar bowl. Yum! Have you ever tried this? And the Davidson tea is really special too.



Felted soap, with a cucumber/melon scent. A touch of luxury for the bath. I've always thought I'd try felting soap sometime. But how very nice to receive it as a gift!

"Bless the Lord, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul." Psalm 103:21 I'm thankful for all the little blessings in life that God gives us...I could never thank him enough.

3 comments:

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Hi Maggie Anne!
The walnut in the fig sounds so good and the wholemade pumpkin pie-I know that must have been so yummy! My daughter is always bringing us yummy and healthy things for us to munch on at the shop and your picture reminds me of it.
Oh Maggie, I feel so bad for you that you feel cold all the time. I know that is such an uncomfortable feeling, but I'm so glad you have your eletric blankets. It's kind of a nice thing to be able to do that, (although it still would be better for you if you felt warmer). Our woodstove keeps the cabin almost too hot, but I keep in mind that that is also a blessing.
Have a great day! With love from the Cabin,
Claudia

Patsy said...

Your roses are so nice to have on this cold day. It warms your heart and what a sweet man you have.

Ann said...

Hi Maggie Ann. It's your old blog friend Ann. I haven't been blogging much but my 2011 goal is to get back in touch with some of my old blog friends. Hope you are doing well. Ann