Monday, August 30, 2010



There is something so tranquil about doing needlework, isn't there? I love the calming sense of tranquility it gives me. This particular pattern book has a lovely crocheted star in it. When I gave it a try, it didn't give me a tranquil feeling however...just frustration. Oh boy. Not everything can be my cup of tea, right?

My Mother never went anywhere without her tote, in which was the novel she was reading, and her needlework. I often follow her legacy to me. At the very least, I will make sure I have a book to read with me.

Just now, that has taken the form of my mp3 player, which plugged into the dash enables Hubby & I to listen to Freckles...by Gene Stratton-Porter. As I listen to this dear story, I keep keep wiping the tears that collect in the corners of my eyes. Such a story, full of pureness, and good life lessons. Perseverance, and courage and faith. How I love it, and of all things, (it was downloaded from Librovox) this chapter is being read by a MAN! A man, who loves this book as we do. Amazing and oh so welcome.

Reminds me of the verse in Philippians, 'whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things'.

2 comments:

Patsy said...

It is so hard to "think on these things" at most times but my life would be so much better if I did.
I do Love the Lord
Hugs Patsy

Sue said...

Hi Maggie Anne,
I too take a book with me wherever I go,, I also like to listen to books being read aloud. I get to listen to one in particular on my Christian radio station. so enjoyable!.
This scripture you have shared is one of my favorite, and I committed it to memory a long time ago. Thanks for sharing, and thank you for visiting me and for taking the time to leave me such a sweet comment.
Blessings,
Sue