Tuesday, September 07, 2010

We went to tour this ship yesterday, but the lines to get aboard were two hours of waiting or longer, so, we just took pictures, but we still enjoyed ourselves! What a treat to see this Navy transport ship that saw action at Normandy in 1944. Read more about it here. It was a beautiful day,and our son pointed out the words on the flag......it says, 'don't tread on me'. Love it! I couldn't believe the size of this ship, wow. I'm looking forward to reading more about it. Friends who did manage the two hour wait....are bringing pictures tonight of the inside of the ship. I'm looking forward to seeing them. They did say because of the crowd of people ...it was crowded inside the ship as they made their way through the tour, which I think took over an hour.


No comments: