Wednesday, August 25, 2010



Have you heard? There is a new 'Anne of Green Gables, A New Beginning' movie out. It stars Shirley McLaine. It is about Anne's life before she arrived at Green Gables, and follows her into adult life as a writer who discovers that her father is still alive, and searches for him. It does look very good, although one wonders if anything could ever come close to the original 'Anne of Green Gables'.

My poor blog is so neglected, I apologize and confess life is so much more interesting and busy with hubby retired. We go about quite often and my blog doesn't even come to mind most of the time. Isn't that awlful to admit? yet, I'm content with life these days, very much so.

I am just starting to watch 'Wives and Daughters'...3 dvd's no less. I watched it on youtube and really enjoyed it. So I ordered it from the library and now get to watch it on a larger screen than the pc.

"If the world from you with-hold of its silver and its gold, And you have to get along with meager fare, Just remember, in His word, how He feeds the little bird; Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there.

Leave it there....leave it there....Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there; If you trust and never doubt, He will surely bring you out; Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there. 'Leave it There' by C.Albert Tindley

5 comments:

Dolly said...

It's enough just to hear how contented you are !

Enjoy each day, as I know you both will !

Patsy said...

Good to hear from you.
Patsy

val said...

Always lovely to visit you! :0)
I must totally agree, can Anne of Green Gables be improved on? NO!
Someone wrote a book as a sequel to Gone with the Wind ..... but did it improve the original? No!
Enjoy your viewing ....
Val xx Oxfordshire UK

Mrs. Mac said...

Oh Maggie Ann ... it's lovely to read a post from you! :) The poem 'leave it there' was so comforting to me. At times my burden is being so home bound with my special needs child (Nathan) ... that I get envious of people that can just pick up and go here or there. God has spoken to my heart to ask Him for help and he will supply my needs (not wants). So I'm asking for Him to send me a respite worker so I can get out a bit more often.

I watched the Anne of Green Gables movie you referenced in your post. Nothing will compare to the version with Megan Follows and the Anne of Avonlea follow up. But, if you like Anne movies, you will enjoy it ...

I clipped an article from the paper today about spinning and weaving that I will send you. You were brought to mind when I read it. (If I can't find your address .. I'll let you know in an email). Yesterday, at the fair, there was a group of ladies spinning wool. Seeing them and then reading this newspaper article (and you too) have given me the nudge to finally begin a new adventure. Hope you and hubby are both well.

Hugs,

Anonymous said...

I was an Anne expert in Jr. High/High school. So, I didn't really care for the movies when they came out. They're okay as movies go, but they're definitely not the "real" Anne from the book.

I've read the book "Before Green Gables" about Anne's life before adoption. I thought it was good, and I liked the story that the author made about Anne's life. However, I think she was unrealistic about Anne's abilities. Anne was a wonder child and could do anything. We know that wasn't the case when she came to live with Marilla - such an accident prone child. But, in general, I liked the story.

You should definitely read the book before watching the movie. I know it's in the library system that you use. So, get it and enjoy. :)