Wednesday, August 05, 2009



The 'Wednesday Stamper Challenge' this week is 'Take a Ride'. The stamp I used is the vintage car from 'Above the Mark'. I used a cardboard cut-out for the moon and paper stars... and a magazine picture....some Petal Inks and papers.

I have wonderful memories of riding off into the blue of the evening with my sweetheart...how I hated coming home to be parted until the next date. What's that expression about wearing your heart on your sleeve? =)...thankfully, my sweetheart is my sweetheart still. Marriage...how sweet it is.

6 comments:

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Your collage is lovely and so full of sweetness! Congrats on still being with your sweetheart, that is a beautiful thing!

~*~ Patty

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is romantic.
Absolutely gorgeous.

Rika said...

Beautiful card, great take on the challenge.

Marjolein said...

Very nice!!

Anonymous said...

oooh, i love this, what a wonderful "love ride" :)

sparrow's song said...

Marriage...how sweet it is.

I wonder if the world's voice endeavors to drown out the simple sweetness of marriage with its bling of false promises and cultural worship of youth. But when all is said and done, and at the end of the day, or days, we all yearn for security and companionship. And when I think the grass would greener, He sweetly reminds me that my husband has there for me when I wasn't loving. And when I was moody or not so lovely outside, he was patient. But ultimately, He reminds me that He has loved me through my husband.

bouncing further in thought...
Some post modern thoughts have tried to defile the character of Christ by saying that He was married to Mary Magdalen while on earth. But Christ could not have been because He was already betrothed to the Church. The Body of Christ is the Bride. To have Christ marry a woman, another, while He was betrothed to the church would make Him guilty of adultery according to Jewish law. If he had, he would have sinned and therefore been ineligible as the candidate for our redemption. Therefore, we know those accusations are lies because He was sinless.