Monday, December 12, 2005

I should be in bed but here I sit typing away, and reading blogs and smiling and even chuckling to myself. All the things we have in common...finding the tree stand. I enjoyed the truthfullness about how hard it is to get a tree anchored to the wall of the living room and so on. I had to go up to the attic ...crouching room only...and see that the tree stand was way back under the eaves part of the roof. So down I came and got my Mum's old cane and went back up and 'hooked' the tree stand and pulled it over to me. I am still missing 2 strands of star lights we bought at Ikea last year. Who knows what I did with them?? Christmas is a wonderful time of year, but challenging with all the decorating and baking and cards to do and yet everything in life thats worth doing is worth the work and effort and then some. I hope I can please the Lord as the days roll by and I realize....no way, am I going to be able to do everything I thought I was. But ...after all Christmas is the Babe in the Manger...not at all about how many cookies I bake, right? Yes! Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Amy said...

Yes amen to that!

Finn said...

Hello Miss Maggie, I'll add my Amen! to Amy's. It's nice to have those things done, but the world keeps revolving whether or not we do..I think gratitude for the season and a happy heart is more important than cookies..*VBS* I don't think we (for ourselves) mind so much that cookies don't get baked, but it's the expectation from those we love. As if they are always "sure" we will and can do everything the same as we always did...and that's not always the case. It's good to support the people who bake cookies for a living in this season of home heating bills...*VBS* That's a blessing too..*S* Hugs, Finn

Miss Robyn said...

I often wonder why we 'do' Christmas the way we do it ..running around like mad fools - ahh to go back to a slower time!

sparrow's song said...

You shared,
"...after all Christmas is the Babe in the Manger...not at all about how many cookies I bake, right? Yes!"

Amen. Jesus is the reason for the season. When Christ is taken out of Christmas it becomes just another holiday and an excuse to have a day off from work.

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

He's the reason for the season and the cookies are just the icing on the cake!