Monday, December 12, 2005

I love this Christmas stable scene created by friends of ours. It portrays Mary and Joseph kneeling and worshiping their little son, Christ the Lord! In the book of St.Luke chapter 1 verses 46 -50, it says ..."And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour....." These verses tell me what I already knew. Mary, the Mother of Christ, was not sinnless, and is not to be worshipped but rather, she also bows before the sinless son of God as her Saviour and worships him as we do. I am looking forward to meeting this wonderfull lady in heaven one day. I love the song of her heart when she was filled with joy, having been told by the angel that she would be with child by the Holy Ghost and bear the Son of God into this dark world to be our Saviour! Oh, come let us adore him !!! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amy said...

Now that is really pretty! To answer your questions: you're welcome to pop my link up on your sidebar, I've done the same with yours if it's ok and also in regards to the photo I have on my blog of the tartan cushions, they aren't any of our clan tartans, I saw the photo and liked it so I used it.

Finn said...

Dropping in to say Hello, and wish you the warmth and blessings of the season..*S* Love the stained glass setting for you manager scene.

HomemakerAng said...

another gorgeous stained glassed window!!!

sparrow's song said...

Beautiful!

Mary, the Mother of Christ, was not sinnless, and is not to be worshipped but rather, she also bows before the sinless son of God as her Saviour and worships him as we do

I love the song 'Mary did you Know?' pointing out a certain verse, 'The child that you delivered, would soon deliver you?' What an honor to carry her Savior and then be saved by Him. Nowhere in the Word does Christ instruct us to worship or pray to anyone else other than the Father. And the Apostles gave no such instruction contrary to the Lord's instuction. She is our sister in the Lord, a very blessed sister, but nonetheless our sister.

I look forward to hearing her account of Jesus as a child.