Friday, May 11, 2018

Vintage for me...


 I  like this antique vase so much.  From a thrift store of course! And the crocheted doily with the pansy edging.  I used to crochet all kinds of pretty doilies way back when I was in my 20's.  Then, later on I learned to tat, and that was a real challenge at first, but so dainty and pretty. Somewhere in there, I took classes in basket weaving and made some baskets. Later,  I fell in love with spinning wool from whole fleeces, which I (oh how wonderful the lanolin feels on your hands of the unwashed wool, after you cut off the nasty bits) washed and combed or carded.  Mom once said....'never pass up the chance to learn something new'. So......= )

My walnut afghan now has three rows of 'walnuts' instead of two.  I am listening to the audio book (Audible.com) by Drew and Jonathon Scott  'It Takes Two'  (of Property Brothers) while I crochet.  It is interesting, and occupies my mind while the Walnut Afghan keeps growing, slow and steady.   I am also re-reading 'The Colonel's Lady' by Laura Frantz. (it is very good!) I just finished 'The Lacemaker' by Laura Frantz  and it was a wonderful read.


4 comments:

Saija said...

thank you so much for your note, dear Maggie Ann, it was wonderful to hear from you!! you encourage my heart ... and your dear mom had wise advice to leave you, good to learn something new ... smile ... you are so creative - i did not know you had used the canadian stamps to make something with ... that is cool! WE are doing "fine" ... the usual health concerns, but our spirits grow and look heavenward for the day our Saviour returns for us ... be blessed today!

Anonymous said...

Hello. I have always admired tatting - it is not something just anyone can do. I love the vase from the thrift store and the pretty crochet doily. The audio books sounds very interesting. Best wishes working on the afghan. I wish you a lovely afternoon.

Patsy said...

I was glad to see your comment, I was being a little sarcastic.
In that last blog. Not nice of me at all. Just happy my daughter sent me a gift.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I love that vase to! I have a doily pattern with pansies that I have threatened to do...some day!