Saturday, March 17, 2018

Sweet Violet...

When I clean house....Violet is never far behind me, testing out a freshly washed chair cover or hassock towel.  I don't mind a bit though. She is a wonderful companion.  I've been ironing today and washing things up, a good accomplishment, and satisfying.

I watched the animal rescue program on our local channel, today it was about the recovery of a sea lion...or should I say seal?  I think they are different.  Some brute shot the poor thing with a pellet gun up close.  The vets at Sea World counted 100 pellets in the face and around its eye,  The seal lost its eye due to this abuse and a nasty infection from the pellets.  The seal almost died in the midst of the recovery process,  but finally recovered and was set free,  and the vets felt sure it would be able to survive,  even with one eye.

I had seen a video on you tube quite a while back....about Sea World abusing the whales (?).  The creatures then supposedly took it out on the show-time performers ramming them and such other scary scenarios.  So this was good to see....

1 comment:

Patsy said...

What a sweet face on your fur baby.

I did the same this last week. Hurt for two days after
but it was worth it. Nice clean house for a while.

Sad the way people hurt and kill animals and little baby's.