Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Wishful thinking...

Wishful thinking for sure, I'm nowhere ready yet for Christmas!  We've got the wallpaper scrapped off and are spackling the many dents on the wall. Kitty cat, Violet got a cat 'tower' furniture and its been such fun to watch her scale it and dangle off here and there.  She makes smiles happen.


But my heart is ready for Christmas,  'O come let us adore him' !  ~~and~we finally got our paint chips and paint samples sampled.  A bright cream color for 3 walls and an olive green contrast wall.  A shocking idea at first....but the more we looked at the deep olive green-with our framed prints held against it....we liked it more and more.  So tonight we went to Home Depot and bought 3 gallons of paint. Looks like Thursday will be the big painting day here.   Can't wait to get the house put back together.  Still, all things considered...for two old folks, we're doing  pretty well.  I'd put a smiley face here...but....it would be a fib!  I'm  waaay too tired.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice of you to visit my blog. We had a living room once with a green accent wall and we loved it. It made the artwork show up so well.
Violet will love her cat tower. I have 5 cats and I have their tower in front of a sunny window...they nap and play throughout the day on the tower!
Best wishes with the painting.

Latane Barton said...

Oh, bless your heart. You can sure tell I am southern from that comment but I mean it. I will be so happy when you can enjoy the Christmas season, with freshly painted walls, too.

Dolly said...

Oh, I am so tickled for you at all the work you're doing. I know the feeling of having to take it slowly and do things in a different time frame than when we were younger. I keep looking at walls and CEILINGS (YIPES) that need painting, and trying to figure out if I really would ACCOMPLISH the finished job once I start it alone. Sure do miss the hubby's help in this type of thing. But I am thankful to have him around, and we are looking forward to the daughter, son-in-love,and grandkids here for our first Christmas ALL together. God is so good ! Enjoy the whole season !

Patsy said...

Yes! I am still working Magic Puzzles and do love it.