Monday, August 03, 2015

$2.50 ? yes!

 I was delighted to find this at the yard sale for 50 cents.  I thank the Lord for wholesome things like this.  There is really an abundance of good....if we determine in our hearts to be discerning.


This oh so quaint and charming tea-basket?  I could not pass up for $2.00.  It has the little pockets on the sides for cream and sugar.  I'm using it to hold my tatting threads and shuttles.  I do so love tatting!


The Aero tatting shuttle is my very favorite.  See it there?  the gray plastic shuttle nestled among the thread...waiting for me to come and tat.  Tatting is a very old art form of making lace with tiny knots.

4 comments:

podso said...

Your shopping also produced some great finds. I love the little tea caddy. I've never seen one before. Would you put cookies in the middle? I also like to see someone tatting. I have some beautiful work my great aunt did. Such detail!

Carla from The River said...

Fun, what great finds. :-)

My great grandma also did tatting.
xx oo

Patsy said...

You find the nicest things.

A Colorful World said...

Love your tea caddy! And all the wonderful sewing items gathered there are so great. I have my grandmother's metal tatting shuttle! I don't know how to use it, but I would love to learn to do tatting. I also have knitting needles, crochet hooks, scissors and other sewing delights from my great-grandmother, grandmother and a great aunt. Oh, and thimbles!