Monday, January 27, 2014

This is the way it is right now, snowy and cold, so cold.  Yesterday on the way to church, we had to turn around and go a different route because of a house fire.  The road was blocked, with fire trucks arriving, and people like us turning around to get out of the way. By the time church was over the house was burnt to the ground. The road conditions were so bad you almost wanted to hold your breath, not knowing if you would make it home or not. We did make it home, thank you God.

Along with nice cups of hot tea and sometimes coffee, (the Keurig coffee maker has found a home here too)  I am enjoying reading a book on the Kindle my daughter got me for my birthday.  I really ...really like the Kindle. : - )  I had the Kindle app installed before and used it...but I knew I could/would get eyestrain after 30 minutes or so of reading.  No more eye strain....the Kindle Paperwhite lets me read as  long as I wish with no eye strain.  Also it  has a touch screen and a light that is automatic.  I get our local paper on it also and downloaded about 30 books from the 'cloud'. Fun!  It is so lightweight and portable.  There is nothing like technology to make time fly...even in January.  Especially in winter....Thank you Lord, for blessings, great and small.


Do  you remember when I told you that this blue cup

pictured was a premium years ago in Quaker Oats boxes?  It was called 'Wild Rose'.  I have about 4 cups and dessert plates. Someone told once how to remember the spelling of 'dessert'.  Think of the two 's's   as the way to spell dessert.... having two of them because you always want 2 desserts.  Clever.  = - )

'O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker.'  Psalms 95:6

3 comments:

Carla from The River said...

Yes, I was taught how to spell dessert the same way as you. :-)
xx oo

Sola Scriptura said...

I never heard that trick to remember how to spell dessert - it's funny and true!

A Colorful World said...

I hope you were able to go back and see my pictures on my blog post. I love your darling blue cup, and the plates are lovely as well. Since I'm a blue & white fan, I wish I had a whole set of the blue! Oh well. :-)