Friday, January 03, 2014

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....its said.

 Remember when I told how we went on a Historical Society house tour...right before Christmas?  Well, one of the old homesteads had a gift shop in the stone basement and this is where I saw this sweet picture.  And....fell in love with it!  Isn't her little face and dress and those adorable little feet just captivating?  I know you can see how badly the whole thing is damaged.  Water damage perhaps?  They were asking $50. and gave it to us for $25.  Sold in a flash.


 At the same shop, we bought this strand of snowmen whose noses' lit up.  Trouble is...I had trouble untangling them.  So,  they didn't get displayed this year.  They look cheerful enough though....and their noses aren't snobby over it.  I'm glad of that!


 And I had to have this plate in the center....oh my....I'd never seen a plate with scalloped edges like this before in all my days. One of the interesting things for sale was old-timey glasses frames.  Anyone would have found something to interest them in that four room gift shop.  It is a bitterly cold day here and I must say...a good day for relaxing and staying in.  Which is just what I'm doing.  Just think though....weeks go by fast and now...day by day....we draw closer to spring.  So I'm going to enjoy the winter landscapes and stay as cozy and cheerful as I can.  I think its time for a cup of Davidson's Children's Tea!  It is all natural ingredients I believe....with a bit of dried honey and lemon in it.  I should  know.....I bought a box of 100 tea bags....smile.


Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me; for my soul trusteth in thee; yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge....Psalm 57:1a

Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. Psalm 63:7   Good things to remember ....great is God's faithfullness to the trusting soul.

4 comments:

Patsy said...

I hope they had the name and history of the sweet baby.
I think you plate is lovely and the snowmen are cute. We are very cold today too.

Carla from The River said...

Thank you for your prayers and kind words you left me. I appreciate it.

I like the snowmen. They will be very cheerful.

Dawn said...

I have not heard of Children's Tea. Must look for it and give it a try.

A Colorful World said...

Truly wonderful finds! Lovely plate, and such sweet picture and snowmen. You always find the nicest things and I love that you share them with us!