Monday, June 10, 2013

 Oh boy, have I been having fun on ebay.  I won (by bidding the highest)  three things last week and the sellers shipped them to me within a few days.  Never before has anything come in the mail so quickly.  And I just had to show off my knitting with the darling 'Turkish Bed Socks' by Churchmouse Classics.  The yarn is self patterning and soooo pretty!  This pattern is ingenious and pretty easy once you watch the you tube demo for part 6. I'm coming down the home stretch now toward the toe.


 And this is what I'm reading. Even though it is book 3,  and I didn't get to read the first 2 books,  I didn't miss them a bit.  This is a 4* good read.  The girl is a ranger in the  Grand Canyon park and the story is interesting & her problems lifelike... with bits about the Canyon intertwined.  It  had my interest from the first few paragraphs.  Don't you love it when a book 'captures' you right away?  I do.  A good sign...not sigh...haha

 This is the other knitting book I won the bidding on last week.  Both books look like gems for my knitting library.  I've always admired people who could knit socks.  It looks so difficult, but really once someone explains the basics....it is do-able and much of it is easy.  Nothing is hard, really,   its just keeping track of what section you are on.  I have a terrible memory, but my knitting is going great!  And is fun! Great for the morale too.


My Franciscan plates came this morning!  My most recent  Ebay purchase of the three.  I've always...always...admired these apple designed plates and they always seemed so out of reach $$.  But ebay gave me these too,  with a little cash of course!  In fact, I had forgotten that we had put a bid on these and I was floored when I went to pay for the knitting book to find I had won these too.  Plus all this happy stuff....beautiful cards from our daughter came in the mail today.  We are making our own sunshine this morning =).

I must rush away to get ready for my knitting group,   after I leave feedback for the Franciscan plates. What are you knitting?  There is nothing in the world like knitting something that you've never attempted before and find it going well.  With the help of friends....I might add.   Hope you have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Latane Barton said...

You are doing a fantastic job with those socks. Glad you shared your progress on them with us.

Chatty Crone said...

I am trying to use bloglovin to read blogs and I am struggling - but I am here. I did not know you could win things from Ebay. sandie

podso said...

The socks look great--what beautiful color. I have my mom's franciscan dishes (pink and green) and just love them. Yours always reminds me of my childhood as mom's good friend had those and we ate on them many times at her table.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I seriously don't think I can knit a pair of socks! Looks so very complicated. Yours are looking most beautiful!

My sister has used her set of apple dishes for close to 40 years and has never grown tired of them. Such a happy pattern!

Kim said...

My grandmother had those dishes once upon a time.

Stephanie said...

Hi Maggie Ann! Your blog is so relaxing with the lovely music. I wanted to thank you for the sweet comment on my blog - I do appreciate it. I am now following along with Bloglovin' and I look forward to visiting you again.

Have a lovely day! Hugs!