Monday, September 10, 2012

From a Quilt Show....


 This is a butterfly quilt we saw at the Quilt Show (which was in a separate building)  while at the Farmers & Threshermens Jubilee Saturday.  I've never seen butterflies made from hankies.  Quite ingenious!




 This was my favorite quilt, which was a flat sheet a Mom had embroidered and tucked away.  The daughter found it years later and quilted it.  Don't you just love it.  I think what charms me most is the delicate old-fashioned design. And it is beautifully embroidered.  Below the following picture of it is the enlarged note about the creators of this sweet quilt.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these quilts. That embroidery is gorgeous and what a story!

Carla from The River said...

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

A Colorful World said...

Oh, Maggie Ann, what charming quilts! I have always thought I'd love to make an old-fashioned-hanky quilt of some kind and have yet to find enough hankies to create one from. The butterfly idea is adorable! And the second quilt, embroidered so beautifully by the quilter's Mom is wonderful! What a treasure! I'm so glad you shared these!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Both the quilts are very lovely. The old fashion hankies are truly beautiful and even more so as butterflies. Thanks for sharing them. Hugs Judy

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness they were gorgeous! you are so talented.

A Colorful World said...

I just wanted to tell you, Maggie Ann, that I appreciated your comment on my current events blog. We have a lot to pray about! God bless you and yours!