Wednesday, August 01, 2012

 Did you ever think how beautiful a glass of iced tea could be?  This shot caught my eye as I was enjoying iced tea in my Lennox water goblet.  And my little pocket 'Sony' did a good job capturing this I thought.  The green glass was so gorgeous and topped off with amber tea...turning to yellow where the ice was melting....hmm....beautiful as well as delicious.


A summer storm took down this dead tree, and I asked my husband to save it for ??  something!  We came up with this between the two of us and we are enjoying the fun of making something out of scrap wood. You never know what you can do....I guess.  Till you try. (two heads are a lot better than one though!) We may put a large plastic owl on the very top.

  
 My daughter's friend took us on a Garden Tour  in April that changed my way of looking at flower beds and outdoor decorating....forever.  In a  very enjoyable and fun way.


 Another fun inspiration piece.  At a yard sale recently we bought an old rake I wanted and the fellow threw 'in'  three all together. So....hubby cut the handle off and we turned this rake upside down and did a little decorating. I loved it.....


I bought the thick wood pieces that these bench legs are cut from,  and my husband made me a bench with a piece of fencing & scrap wood he had laying around.  Now if it would only cool off a bit, so I want to sit outside!  It is in the 80's here and not very comfortable....but....pretty.  So  this is the summer of making things here at our place.  And how fun it has been!

'But thou O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory and the lifter up of my head'.  Psalms 3:3

8 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Lots of pretty things to see as I visit with you this evening. LOVE the blue bench and all of the other garden things you guys have made.

Anonymous said...

I adore the blue bench and all the special and unique touches in your garden! I am so ready for cooler weather.

Dolly said...

I love how you find beauty in the simplest pleasures. And how much fun you and your hubby seem to have making your place a real HOMEPLACE.

God bless you both, always.

Everything Changes said...

You have some great ideas!

Patsy said...

It is the little things in life that make a happy home.

Carla from The River said...

I love your special touch, it gives me so many fun ideas for my own garden. Thank you for sharing!

Latane Barton said...

fantastic outdoor decorating. Love that bench!!

A Colorful World said...

I just LOVE garden whimsy! I am planning on using some of the fallen fence to make a couple of things, and paint them with bright paint. We'll see....:-)