Saturday, March 26, 2011

Aren't my pussywillows picture perfect? I don't know why but I just love these things! Thank you Lord.

What a happy sight to me! I had always longed for a pussywillow tree of our own. Season after season would find me buying 'bunchs' of them and trying to root them in a bucket of water. Lo and behold, about the third year, the branches rooted (well they always rooted but wouldn't 'take' once planted outside) (but now..) and up came my own pussywillow tree. This is the result....and what a harvest! These will keep for years. And how my tree has grown, it is about 10 feet tall and loaded! It is planted by a creek so that helps its growth I'm sure. Good night all. Wishing you a blessed Sunday.

3 comments:

the⋆silver⋆of⋆His⋆fining said...

Thanks for sharing your pussywillows. I, too, have always loved them. Used to be able to find them wild. Good for you for growing your own! God gives abundantly in ways we never imagine.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, yes, they are beautiful! Your own Pussywillow tree is so special :)

Carolyn said...

I am going out to pick myself some pussywillows now! They do say spring,don't they?

Thank you for your kind words on my blog.
Carolyn