Monday, February 14, 2011

Another one of my favorite pieces of art...how I've enjoyed it. Just a poster I put in a frame found at the local Good Will store, but dear to my heart. I love the detail of the artist. From the brocade on her dress to the stonework...it all looks as if you could touch it. The talents God gives to men is simply amazing, isn't it! Love it. This print's title is 'God Speed' by Edmond E. Leighton.

One of my favorite pictures....now darkened with age but still a favorite of mine. I can still remember seeing this years ago in an antique store.... and immediately loving it. The people and the trees looked as real as could be, as if they were real. It spoke to me...and hubby bought it on the spot. It is quite large..about 4 foot by 3 foot? Thank you Marie for putting a name to this wonderful print! It is called 'Pilgrims Going to Church' painted by George Henry Boughton.~~~Happy Valentine's Day! We've spent a lazy, relaxing day at home today. I watched 'Larkrise to Candleford' season 4 on You Tube. I enjoyed it SO much...can't give blanket endorsement of course, but oh my what a beautifully done grand finale! Not for sale here untill April.

I am memorizing Psalm 130....and have the first 6 verses done. What a blessing!

Psalm 130
Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD. Lord, hear my voice; let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.

If thou LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?

But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.

I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.

My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning; I say, more than they that watch for the morning.

Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.

And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities."

6 comments:

Ann said...

What beautiful pictures! thanks for sharing. and what great find too. I have that series in my netflix Q.

Patsy said...

They are lovely

Unknown said...

It's called "Pilgrims Going To Church" by George Henry Boughten; and you will be surprised to know I have the same print on my wall.

I searched for one for many years. It has always been a favorite of mine.

After I framed and hung it, I discovered a dear lady friend at church also has one in her living room.

Obviously we all share a love of Christ, the Pilgrims, and our American history.

Unknown said...

Oh, it's funny I was called "Joe." This is Marie. But I guess he is signed into the account at present, no matter!

Saija said...

i say amen to lovely photos! you have such an eye!

and i was catching up on your other posts ... your blog is always a relaxing place to come visit ... and rest a while ...

blessings on you dear Maggie Ann!

val said...

Hello Maggie Ann, what a lovely posting, like everyone else I love your pictures - especially the Pilgrims. You certainly have a blessed heritage and history which should be cherished and passed on to the next generations.
Do you know your photography is very creative?
I have never actually managed to memorize verses, but only today reading in my John MacArthur Why Believe the Bible? he was talking about the great benefits of memorization. Do you have any tips or a system to help, I know that prayer is a necessity, but just how do You memorize?
love and blessing to you.
Val xx Oxfordshire UK