Friday, October 22, 2010

I bought this food dehydrator for $5. at a yard sale (it looked brand new) and I brought it home, washed it up.... and sat it on the kitchen floor by the back door, where it become a large dust catcher. I was wondering if I had wasted $5.00 there for a while. As you can see, I DID finally try it out and really give it a 5* rating! We have made several batches of dried apple rings and are they ever delicious! Pears dried up equally delicious. I heartily recommend it!



A friend gave me the yellow pumpkin, isn't it pretty? I don't think I've ever seen a yellow one before. And would you believe we got the orange ones for $1. each? At the Ohio flea market food auction. What a fun day!

Something I read struck a chord with me today. It was an article in 'Reader's Digest', titled 'Memory is Overrated'. I laughed my head off at some of it. I've always known there is a piece or two missing from my 'memory'. I haven't misplaced the car yet though. Thankfully..lol. I cannot come up with 'quick' name recall and have no recollection of certain family events that my husband can give you quite a detailed account of where I was present too. Am I bothered by this? Not at all....I've always been like this. Probably the same part of my brain that threatens to stall out on me if I even think of a math calculation. I have never forgotten the panic I felt, when we would have those math 'story' problems in school. You know the ones, 'if Susan was carrying a 5# bag of sugar home and it had a hole in it....how much sugar...etc.' Oh boy..oh boy and more oh boy.

'I always have a quotation for everything-it saves original thinking.' by Dorothy Sayers. That would go well with having a quirky memory, wouldn't it.

No matter what or who fails me, I know that God will never fail me nor forsake me. I'm so thankful! In the book of Hebrews 13:5 God tells us.... 'Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have; for he hath said, I will never leave thee,nor forsake thee.' The thing is ...we must confess to Him our sinfulness and ask him to forgive us and save our souls from hell....saved to go to heaven, not by any goodness we have, for we haven't ANY goodness of or in ourselves. 'Romans 3:verse 23 & 24 tells us, 'for ALL have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.'
Then, God will never leave us nor forsake us. Oh beautiful truth. I feel so bad when I think of the multitudes of people who have a Bible they could or do read...and they will miss the way of salvation. Not ever having sincerely done this.....

"All to Jesus I surrender, all to him I freely give.
I will ever love and trust HIm, In His presence daily live..

I surrender all, I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Saviour,
I surrender all.

All to Jesus I surrender, Humbly at His feet I bow;
Worldly pleasure all forsaken,
Take me Jesus, take me now.

I surrender all, I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Saviour,
I surrender all." hymn by Judson W.Van SeVenter, 1855-1939

1 comment:

Patsy said...

Thanks for your comment and I love your new blog page. I for got to add my new blog to my post. It is to help me grow in Gods word stop by and comment . http://patty-patcards.blogspot.com
Hugs, Patsy