Saturday, February 06, 2010



I took scads of pictures of the beautiful snowfall...but, can't get them to upload from my camera. I'll just have to wait until our son gets home. We got about 20 inches of snow. I took pictures out of every window inside, after bundling up and setting outside to get those gorgeous outdoor shots. I put on my pink spring garden boots since they are taller than my winter boots, but the snow accumulation was higher than the tops of my boots were.

We just had lunch. Leftovers, how I love you! Planned for this afternoon...lets see, I think I'll watch a segment of 'The Waltons'. We found the 1st and 2nd series at Walmart for under $20. I'd been hoping to find them...and with Birthday money from my son...I'm working my way along..enjoying them very much. Like most things though...you can't give them blanket endorsement because the minute you do....

Also for this afternoon, I want to try my hand at an origami box pattern. I caught up on the ironing this morning, and am starting to memorize Psalm 1 & 2. (Parts of them anyway) The Lord brought this verse to my attention last week. I knew he meant it for me to do....Ephesians 5:19..."Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;"

As I was thinking about Psalm 1:1 I could see in my mind...a man walking along with wrong companions....stopping to talk with them...and sitting down after a bit and becoming part of their group. 'Blessed is the man that WALKETH not in the counsel of the ungodly....nor STANDETH in the way of sinners, nor SITTETH in the seat of the scornful.' Such a simple picture...yet how true it rings. Both ways. Thank you for stopping by! I hope you are having a very nice day...

An aside here... I love to browse decorating books and magazines, so here is a look at 'Traditional Home' if you'd like to visit their site. Talk to you later!

3 comments:

Saija said...

i hope you get the pictures downloaded ... i can picture the beauty of it all ... so white and clean ...

we had just a light snowfall here the other day - and it is bright & sunny today - making those diamonds in the snow glitter!

stay warm ... ((hugs))

Dolly said...

I just really enjoy your posts !

God Bless YOU !

Mrs. Mac said...

I don't recall too many if any questionable Walton episodes. I was hooked on them when we had TV a few years ago .. maybe I'll revisit them through Netflix. Hope you get some of the snow pictures posted ... would be lovely to see. We are without snow on the ground .. unusual for our area this time of year. Have a blessed day!