Saturday, September 26, 2009

Well, another day and I still can't get Blogger to allow me to post my pictures. sigh. We just watched 101 Dalmations and enjoyed it. I'd never seen this version with Glen Close. We also watched a World War II dvd about an aircraft carrier which I enjoyed also. My father was a gunner on an aircraft carrier in World War II, so I am very interested in anything pertaining to aircraft carriers in the War. Those men who served are the heroes of America, as are the ones risking their lives right now in our armed services to protect Americans. We recently met a man who served on the same carrier as my father. You'll just have to imagine how I am enjoying this new acquaintance! He lent us movies and a book to read about World War II just this afternoon. He's been making the frames for our stained glass hangings.

I'm ready to call it a day here. The wind and rain are blowing outside and I am thankful for the coziness of home tonight. I got to share my testimony of how and when I got saved today. I'm thankful for that!

"He Hideth My Soul"
'A wonderful Saviour is Jesus my Lord, A wonderful saviour to me, He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock, Where rivers of pleasure I see.' 'He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock...that shadows a dry thirsty land; He hideth my life in the depths of His love, And covers me there with His hand, And covers me there with His hand.'

And I'm thankful....that whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Saved from the judgment to come, saved for new life in heaven. No sin, no sickness, no dying, No fears! no locked doors! Just think, thats the way Adam and Eve had life in the garden of Eden but being created in the image of God, they could think, feel and decide. God didn't create robots, he let them choose to love and obey him. Even after he put them out of the Garden because they chose to do what he said not too do, he still provided for them. AND promised a Saviour who would deal with Satan and our sins. That's something to be VERY thankful for!

8 comments:

Saija said...

just thought i would pop by here before heading to bed ... to see what you have been up too ...

and as usual, you get lots accomplished (all that canning & cleaning!) ...

sorry blogger has been bad, re the pics - i found it really slow - but i retired when it got jammed and it put the yogi picture in for me ... so they must be working on something, eh!

they are promising rain for us tomorrow ... which is fine, as i found a good book and hope to have my nose planted between the pages later tomorrow ... :)

blessings on your sunday ... and thank you for being your sweet self!

David C Brown said...

Saved to be a testimony for the lord Jesus ; saved to be for His pleasure; saved from the present evil world ...!

Mrs. Mac said...

Amen to being saved!

Just saw your comments on my blog. I'm without a pc and finger pecking on my iPhone. Hope to get mine fixed or replaced soon. My energy is waning from canning tomato sauce/ketchup/BBQ sauce etc. I'm so looking forward to fall when I can sit and knit everyday! Then I'll pull out the wool you sent me and figure out how to do some basic spinning.

My hubby is showing an interest in cooking, laundry,baking bread etc. I wonder if this has anything to do with me taking a little trip next month without him ;)

hugs

Robynn's Ravings said...

Amen, and amen. And if you are on a Windows system on your computer, try using Windows Live Writer. I gave UP on Blogger letting me do what I wanted. WLV will let you post, edit, add pictures (you will have to utilize Picassa but it's EASY) and then you can upload directly into Blogger with everything in place. I'm telling you, it was a MIRACLE. I LOVE it. :) And what's with the rain on EVERY blog I'm reading! I'm so envious! lol

jengi33 said...

What a wonderful savior we have! Thank you for putting that hymn in my head today, it's one of my absolute favorites!!

sparrow's song said...

Sorry about the no photos hassle blogger is giving you.

How wonderful to encounter someone who was on the same carrier as your father.

Ah, the coziness of your home is just right for snuggling up with a good book and good company.

you shared,
Even after he put them out of the Garden because they chose to do what he said not to do, he still provided for them.

I always said we can never out give God. He gives us what we don't deserve (grace) and doesn't give us what we do deserve (wrath). I lean on the fact that He is faithful. I'm trusting in His character not mine because I know myself well enough not to.

Homemaker Ang said...

hey, long time no talk to! hope you are well and blessed!

homemakerang

Kim said...

You could try a different server. Sometimes if I switch servers (Internet Explorer or Firefox) it works better.