Thursday, September 03, 2009

This is the pattern for the stained glass hanging I have been working on the past week. I haven't done any stained glass work for years really, and this has taken many hours and days and much patience too. I cut it out and grind the glass and fit it together and my husband does the soldering for me. I really enjoyed seeing it fit together and am glad I stuck with it to the end. It is so gratifying to end up with something so truly beautiful.

I switched out the green in the center for all clear 'glue-chip' glass. It partnered with the peach glue chip glass wonderfully. I only had a small amount of the aqua colored water glass that made the frame around the bevel. Perfect...I tell myself.

Here is the finished piece which doesn't begin in this photo to show its beauty. Remarkably beautiful. I am starting another with different colors in the center already. I love this piece and possible will make another for myself...in just the same colors or close to them. Sorry I've let my blog slide...while I de-cluttered the house and disappeared into the world of sorting through glass and working with it. Stained glass is so rewarding and something special to enjoy. And what gorgeous weather to be outside in...well at least until goldenrod blooms.

"Let the saints be joyful in glory; let them sing aloud upon their beds." What a uplifted spirit to sing aloud upon our bed tonight! "Let the praises of God be in their mouth...."this psalm sounds like the Israelites had a great victory in battle. We fight a spiritual battle every day...to turn towards God takes determination and obedience. I need to be reminded of this. Jesus loves me..this I know...for the Bible tells me so. scripture taken from Psalms 149:5&6b

3 comments:

Patsy said...

Your stained glass is just lovely and when the sun shines on it what glory to look at I am sure.
Patsy

sparrow's song said...

What an absolute work of beauty!! Well done. I knew a friend who did stain glass but I've never tried it. Maybe if there was a class, I might take it.

I've just started A Girl of the Limberlost. It's rather detailed in conversation and almost a different cultural dialogue. But I'll stick it out and may come to really enjoy it.

I've moved the Link box further along the side bar. Please see if the log in works for you now.

We fight a spiritual battle every day...to turn towards God takes determination and obedience.

How true. The enemy desires to wreck our relationship with God because in doing so he can destroy our testimony of life walked out through Christ. The unsaved are not looking to see how many deeds we do. That is a self-righteous notion. Most of all, they look for the fruits in our walks. Are we genuine Christians who walk the talk and not just talk the talk. I know of a friend who has turned away and decided to give up. Her unhappiness is understandable since she has allowed herself to be robbed of joy and victory. Such an individual needs the strength of others. But I understand all too well that many don't have the time nor the desire to come along side and bear our burdens. I know her grief personally and it is not a place I would want for anyone else. This brings to mind what the Word tells us about love growing cold in the last days. She has her eyes on circumstances and she's stumbled along the way because of it like Peter sinking in the waters after taking his eyes off Christ.

And you're right, it literally takes a determination to obey and cling to God. When everyone leaves and disappoints and regrets are constant companions, we can be sure that God will never leave us nor forsake us. That is probably the very reason I haven't gone her way. Where would I go? I know that He keeps me.

John 6:67-69
67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

Karen said...

Your stained glass is so beautiful! You have done a terrific job. Just lovely! Karen