Thursday, May 07, 2009


Oh my, its so good to be home again. We had a wonderful visit with our grandchildren, daughter and her husband but home is home. My husband still has a few days of vacation left and we've been so busy doing yardwork and shopping together. I love every minute of time spent together and am looking forward to his retirement in Sept. It can't come fast enough for either of us!

I have pictures to post about various things....going to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. Boy, was that fun! My sweetheart bought me a 'carder'...for blending sheep's wool. Thats another post though. We just got up and I told him I'd help him stack firewood....just the kindling.



Its such a pleasure to be able to be outside at this time of the year. Its been raining steadily for quite a few days....off and on. So its been a good time to transplant. Our Silver Mound ornamental grass has sent up scads of babies. Now what to do with some of it! There is a picture in a book I bought, that has an adorable little 'sitting spot' created outdoors and I'd like to try creating one. Also yesterday....ahhh, one of my heart's desires....Hubby bought a new board to make me an old-fashioned swing to hang from the maple branch. Thats on our to-do list today.

Also.....I've been the happy recipient of two new books out by Jamie Langston Turner and Lynn Austin.....oh such good reading!!!

Talk to you later...I'm off to help outside now. Let's make this day special =). "And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men." I Thessalonians 3:12

4 comments:

Patsy said...

So glad you had a good trip, it is so much fun to see the children.

I wanted to write a book on when husbands retire. Trust me it is a different life you will lead after you are both (there). It took more then a year for the shock of retirement with all of the emotions to get past, for us both. Many funny things (now) conspired. But we made it. We are best friends.
Just think about it all your married life (The man) has been out every day in the world doing what he does best. I tell you this with.
Love in Christ, Patsy

Saija said...

i love to hear the joy in your voice! blessings on you as you enjoy this day the Lord has made!

Kim said...

I'm hoping to get the newest Turner book when my son returns this week. Thank you for introducing me to Lynn Austin. I love her Hidden Places and A Woman's Place. Just received A Proper Pursuit, but haven't read it yet. Glad you had a good visit with your daughter's family. I love stopping by your blog. It's a little bit of home!

sparrow's song said...

I absolutely love the binding of The Scarlet Letter book. I'm reading The Robe. My mother brought it down with her from NY and left with me. It's dated 1942.

Glad you've thoroughly enjoyed your time with the Hubby. Tomorrow I have mine all to myself for the whole day (my birthday). I suspect he'll spoil me rotten but no more than usual.

I've never seen a carder before. How very interesting.

A good old fashion swing would be great. Hm? I wonder if there's room for one in our backyard?