Saturday, November 22, 2008



I'm finally thinking about preparing for Thanksgiving. Being thankful is the easy part. Our Father in heaven is the most beautiful, wonderful and compassionate being I know. My worship and love ascend up to him.

"Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with Thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise; be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations." Psalm 100:3-5

At our home my husband always prepares the turkey. Ahh, bliss. I usually chop the celery and onions for him the night before for the stuffing. He's such a trooper, willing to get up in the wee hours of Thanksgiving morning and get Mr.Tom Turkey in the oven. My main job will be the pies. There was a recipe in the newspaper for this pie which I want to try. Want to try it too? The lady who gives this recipe has a pie shop (Judith Ogden Larsen's pie shop) and they turn out up to 1000 pies a day!

Cinnamon-Carrot Pie (this pretty orange pie is better than pumpkin pie ever thought of being...Larson says)

2 cups of cooked, mashed carrots
1 (12oz) can evaporated whole milk
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ginger
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 (10 inch) unbaked piecrust

Heat oven to 400F
Combine carrots, milk, sugar, eggs, salt, ginger and cinnamon;beat for 2 minutes. Pour into unbaked piecrust.
Bake 15 minutes; lower heat to 350F and bake 45 minutes longer or until filling is set. Serves 8

Wishing you a Blessed & Happy Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

Robert Sagor said...

I can't wait till Thanksgiving!

Did you read a recent post of mine? We got sheep! Plus wool that I am carding, and my hubby is making me a spinning wheel! I am SO excited!

Thanks,
Laura

TO BECOME said...

I wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a most happy THANKGIVING.

I am not sure about the carrot pie.lol I don't like carrots but I love sweetpotatoes. I guess with the things you put into it, you can make anything taste good.

My husband helps me a lot on Thanksgiving but this year we will be at our second sons home with most all the rest of our family. It is going to be a joyous time.
connie from Texas

All thanks be to the Lord God.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I could not say it better, MaggieAnn. I join you in giving praise to our Father!

I've never heard of such a pie, but I can hardly wait to give it a try. I am a bit spoiled at Thanksgiving. We drive, Mom cooks, we enjoy the fruits of her labor!

Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving Day,
Lea

Patsy said...

Carrot pie! That will be something new to try. God bless you and your family and have a wonderful Thanksgiving day.
Patsy

Karen said...

The pie recipe sounds good. Thanks for sharing it. I'll have to try it sometime. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Love,
Karen

Mrs. Mac said...

I suppose carrot pie would be just as delicious if not better than pumpkin pie.

Hubby read a sad commentary in the newspaper today. Seems a marquee in a local shopping center had posted "Happy Turkey Day" up in big letters. The lady that wrote the op-ed asked the bank at the center why this was expressed instead of "Happy Thanksgiving" ... the answer given was "we don't want to offend people of no faith about who we should give thanks to." So, here's a HAPPY THANKSGIVING blessing to praise GOD/JESUS/HOLY SPIRIT from our home to yours.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I am sure this is good..My stomach is not the best lately so it does not sound good right now...I did save it for sometime when I feel better.
Yes, thanksgiving is a time to be thankful!! That is the easy part. Since we have moved here it is not like it once was...not much family...Hope you have a great day!!