Saturday, March 01, 2008


What a privelege to have a home and make it our own private haven. Even if its messy or neat...its a place to rest and recharge our 'batteries' in. Books beckon me to read them....collage and sewing are laid back for just that perfect moment. Music is at my fingertips and I just love home. I'm sure most people feel the same way. Its a cozy place to play dominoes with your husband, or do a puzzle together as we did last night. We want to start a 300 piece puzzle later tonight while listening to an audio book loaned from the library. My one big fault is .....wonderful-itus! Books too frequently come home with me....children's books, art books and even a new cookbook recently. The recipe we made out of it was oh-so-good! Poached Sole on a bed of spinach & onions.(btw, here is a great link to news events....thanks Marie =)) When I think something is wonderful....and if the price is reasonable...well, you know what happens. I have a growing library here and to part with a book is very hard. Not that I don't reluctantly give to Good Will...I do. =(....then I go visit them and find a few great books and bring them on home. =) I'm just chatting away tonight, and hope you are as cozy and snug as I am. Soon I'll study my Sunday School class material again..and then perhaps do a collage or knit. Oh choices....choices! Happy week-end to you, wherever you are tonight.
"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem; they shall prosper that love thee." Psalms 122:6

4 comments:

Thriftin and Craftin said...

I love home too MA! It seems I don't get to be here nearly as much as I'd like to be. Right now I've been working on a sewing project, and that makes me happy. The bummer is that I'm nursing a headache at the same time. Gotta take the good with the bad I guess. Stay cozy and enjoy your audio book!

Saija said...

you sound as snug as a bug in a rug ... :o)

God's blessings are all around us ... pity the person who misses them ...

blessings on you!

sparrow's song said...

We want to start a 300 piece puzzle later tonight while listening to an audio book loaned from the library.

What a wonderful idea!! That would be great with cross stitch or painting as well.

you shared,
Books beckon me to read them....collage and sewing are laid back for just that perfect moment.

In my personal bible study/devotion within the Amplified Bible, I came across this verse with the word 'knit' in it and immediately thought of you and how your newly knitted creations are parallel to that of being so beautifully knit to Christ. How appropriate as new creations ourselves!

# 1 John 2:27
But as for you, the anointing (the sacred appointment, the unction) which you received from Him abides [ permanently] in you; [so] then you have no need that anyone should instruct you. But just as His anointing teaches you concerning everything and is true and is no falsehood, so you must abide in (live in, never depart from) Him [being rooted in Him, knit to Him], just as [His anointing] has taught you [to do].

Marie said...

This post is a good example of why your blog is a favorite of mine - you are always so happy!