Friday, September 28, 2007



My daughter used to collect Beverly Gray books. One of the books....BG on a Treasure Hunt....Beverly sails to a Pacific Island where she locates the treasure described on the map mentioned in the two previous books. She is then captured by cannibals, escapes, is caught by Count Alexis, escapes again, & goes back to China where she....As I was reading this 'blip'...and got to the 'captured by cannibals' part...I laughed uproariously....and just as funny, she escaped! How impossible....I thought, as I read this to my husband. Then, later I found myself wondering where I could get a copy! grin....oh how 'little things' influence our thinking and can cast shadows or sunshine on our perspective.

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs chapter 3, verses 5 & 6.

7 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Yeah and notice how the girls are doing detective work in their dresses? And then women say they cant mow the yard in a dress. Well look at the woman of old for goodness sake. They did it all in skirts! Its just humorous.

TO BECOME said...

It seems in many ways the women of old had it so much harder than we do today but they did what was necessary to take care of their families and still act, dress, and talk like ladies. We as ladies could learn a lot from them. I know they were not perfect either but there are some things we could learn. connie from Texas

Terry said...

Hi Maggie-ann
Ann without the "E"! Ha!
Just thought I would pop by and say hi and read a little of your blog site.
It has been too long and you have visited me..

This summer was one busy summer, as we had to do a big chore for my mom and dad.
They are all settled good now and so I have some catching up to do!

This book looks really interesting.
It is sooooo long since I have had time to read a good book.
Oh well....maybe this winter!

Catch you later and God's blessings...Love Terry

Ann said...

Just home from work and found your lovely comments. I hope you have a nice swap with Beth. You both do nice work. I hope your house is becoming de cluttered. I think mine can always use that. Enjoy your spinning. I off to scrapbook with one of my best girlfriends. Paul is off Sat. Hurrah. We are going to take a road trip and try and find something to take photos off. Have a great weekend. Blessings to you and yours.

sparrow's song said...

I thoroughly enjoy your old books. This jacket is great and I really like their clothing. I'm guessing copyright of 1950 something or other, yes?

Cannibals, indeed!

smilnsigh said...

Never heard of this gal detective. Looks like vintage fun. :-)

Mari-Nanci

Amy said...

hi Maggie, I've never heard of this author but you know me, I love vintage books so I'm going to try and look out for some of hers. I've recently started reading the Cherry Ames series and I'm enjoying it immensely!