Sunday, October 01, 2006



Spinning results at last! The naughty computer finally decides to recognize the camera's memory stick. A day late, but I thought I'd hurry and post it anyway. A special thanks to Ruth, for the gift of the wonderful drop spindle & books. I love them! On the new spindle I had split the 'roving' into two parts and so I was spinning with half the amount and it made a much finer twist to yarn. This needs to be plyed to make a 2 ply yarn. I will ply the finer stuff together and the larger twist with large twist. This is an amazing process and very enjoyable. Have a look at this video clip and see the demo. Look on the right hand side of the page and click on 'video'. This video is from the Knitty Gritty show on Do-It-Yourself tv show.

I have heard two wonderful Bible messages at church today already and hope they will come to mind often as I make my way through this life....remembering..."The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want...." Psalm 23:1

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you are using the spindle and enjoying it!! =D

Amy said...

That is lovely coloured wool maggie!

Kitty Couture said...

That looks lovely... Have you planned what you were going to knit with it?
Hope you have a lovely week - but I find a week always starts auspiciously when we have been peculiarly moved and inspired by the Sunday service :)

Anonymous said...

Is spinning a new hobby? :-) Looks great. What will you do with the wool?

Mrs. Mac said...

It's always nice when the computer finally cooperates :) Lovely shade of blue ... looks soft (is it?).

Maggie Ann said...

I'm going to knit/crochet simple things ..scarfs or a hat. The color of the yarn is really a chocolate brown, it does look blue/grey in the picture. And, it is very soft...=). Its a brand new hobby that I just had to try.