Saturday, September 09, 2006



Here it is Saturday night already and where has the week gone, I ask myself? Lots of hours were spent varnishing woodwork in our sunroom, and lots of hours were spent in the kitchen. One day was spent visiting an outdoor summer craft festival...that was a lot of fun but really tiring. Anyway, I feel like a guest on my own blog...smile. Just checking in to say hello to anyone dropping by to see me. I'm so enjoying the sounds of summer/fall in the air, aren't you? Just those special changing season sounds and sights. Before we know it it will be coming on Thanksgiving and the excitement of the first flakes of snow in the air...which always give me a great big thrill to see. No..really, I am enjoying this season with its finally ripe tomatoes. A friend gave my husband some tomato plants that grow little tomatoes that look like peaches. So good! I just baked two loaves of my Friendship Cake today. You know what, I'm proud of me that I kept that starter going since....Easter??? This time I added coconut to the batter....hmmm. And I got to watch a knitting show on DIY today plus a scrapbooking show. Dish is giving a free programing for a few days to lure us into having a bigger bill but it won't work people ...no sir. There's a limit to what we are willing to pay for the pleasure of watching those little babies be born on the Discovery Health channel....which I love to watch. It makes kitchen duty so enjoyable inspite of having to wipe a happy tear away now and again. Off to bed I go...hope your Sunday is as lovely and enjoyable as you can make it!

"But let all those that put thier trust in thee rejoice; let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them; let them also that love thy name by joyful in thee. For thou, LORD wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield." Psalm 4:11 & 12.

9 comments:

Amy said...

Any chance of you sharing the cake recipe? Pretty please? :-)

gramma_s said...

Your journal page is so pretty today. And btw I like cake too. :-)
Maybe if you share the recipe, I'll have it at my next tea party.
I'm tired and got to get to bed. Today we went to the reception of a friend that was married in PA. last month, so they had a reception in Oregon for those that couldn't be at the wedding. We drove 5 1/2 hours to get there and after being there for 2 hours, we drove 5 1/2 hours home. He is a pretty special friend (He'd better be after all that driving. :-) Ooops, here I am again writing a post instead of a comment. I think my name shoud be "Chatty Cathy" Good night.

Terry said...

Good morning to you Maggie-ann!!

That looks like my mother's hat that this pretty lady has on!!

Come to think of it, mom hasn't worn her "sylish hat" for a few weeks.

I will have to check this matter out when Bernie and I go to my dad's today for the delicious meal that he prepares for us every Sunday.

When Mom is busy making the gravy, I will just have to sneak into her room and check out her hat closet.
Yes!! I said HAT closet. My mom has tons of hats!! It is her only failing! Ha!!

I own three hats to my name and I only owned ONE hat to my name up until two weeks ago when mom forced me to take two of hers!!

I prefer squishable hats because of the kids I pick up for Sunday School.
I can't be bothered always having to prim up when one of them knocks my hat off! [accidently on purpose of course..the poor dear!]

As "Marilla" would say Maggie-ann, I have to wear a hat that is servicable!! ha!!

Have a blessed day dear friend... love Terry

Thanks for stopping by to see my fall pictures!

Dawn said...

Blessings to you this Lord's Day, dear Maggie Ann...
lovely page..

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Hey there Maggie Ann, It is Sunday morning but the weather is the same here every day in the South East..HOT!! I had a great time out at Tybee Island. The breezes from the beach were wonderful and COOL!! I will be posting some pictures sometime today. Thanks for stopping by once again...

Kitty Couture said...

Sounds like you've been busy! Maggie Ann! It's such a beautiful, beautiful Sunday here. Hoping yours is just as lovely on the other side of the ocean! :)

Mary said...

Hello Maggie Ann,

I know I will always be encouraged when I visit your blog. I did miss your postings but I know how quickly the days slip by. The weekend always goes too quickly for me. Loved your journal page.

Have a blessed Sunday!

Sharon said...

I love the picture on your journal page, and is your friendship cake a package that goes from one to another. Years ago we had one and I thi9nk your frienship cake sounds like it....let me know...

Mrs. Mac said...

Hi Maggie Ann ... thanks for visiting my blog and voting on the new house front porch design! Today, Sunday, was a most perfect day. After church, I put a pot roast on the back burner to slow cook all day. Dh has been home for a little visit, and the scent of a bonfire and a little chill in the air this evening are capping off the day. We ended the meal with fresh baked peach/raspberry pie ala mode. Sleep well.