Saturday, July 22, 2006


Time has flown by this week! I have been busy painting our new wall of cubboards...(my daughter used to tell me that was a very old-fashioned word and not in use much anymore...worry, worry...grin). My hubby has been home this weekend...working his heart out on our many projects and getting a good start on many. We bought 4 units of 3-shelf bookcases at Target and assembled those last night. One is broken and needs to be exchanged. I would like to paint the back inside of them in various colors which I have picked out. This afternoon we were privileged to attend the wedding of a dear couple. It was so lovely and special. The Pastor had a sort of benediction at the end of the ceremony and he reminded me of Father Tim out of the Jan Karon books (yes, really =). He said that he hoped thier home would always sing...(he paused here a bit) with thanksgiving. How beautiful a thought. May it be so much of the time. And of course, we are tuned in daily to Fox News for the latest war reports. I am so thankful that God is sovereign and Christ is my personal Saviour. Everything is so sad all over the world...evil will not prevail in the end. God will and Christ our Lord will rule and reign. Hope you have a blessed Sunday...and your home sings the song of Thanksgiving. "O sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvellous things; his right hand, and his holy arm, hath gotten him the victory." Psalm 98:1

9 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

Oh, how your glass collection sparkles! Looks beautiful out the window too. We indeed need to be thankful for our blessings and with the current "world-at-war" situation, be on our knees that God can sort this all out.

Lowa said...

Stunning!

I just went to a glass museum a few days ago, too. This makes me think of it.

Things are scary out there, to be sure. I don't know how people who are not saved can be calm or peaceful about anything.

Anonymous said...

those are beautiful pieces of art. love them. :)

gramma_s said...

It is awesome how some people can use just the right word to describe a feeling. Homes that sing must be a great blessing to our Lord... I was so bogged down feeling sorry for people that were less fortunate than I, and that were suffering from war, that I couldn't even enjoy or thank God for the comforts he has allowed me to enjoy. Then I started to thank Him for the many comforts I have / a car, home, enough food, clothing, for heat in the winter, an AC when it's hot, most of all for salvation and that we live in a land that allows us freedom of worship, children, grandchildren, the list goes on and on. Although I still pray and feel bad about those that don't have the comforts we enjoy. At least it don't hang heavy over my head any more. PTL I hope you know what I mean.

sparrow's song said...

He said that he hoped thier home would always sing...(he paused here a bit) with thanksgiving.

I love this. There is so much to be thankful for; the Lord's protection in the midst of a mad and dying world for starters.

I've missed you. *big hugs* We're heading out to Texas shortly and I'll be back after August 7th. During this break you've often crossed my mind and I've smiled. What a wonderful sister in the Lord you are. Thank you for having such a deep affection for the Lord that comes out in your writings. They are truly treasures. The Lord bless you.

Saija said...

what a lovely benediction! and your window scene did make my heart sing, even before i read your post! :o)

yes, the world is indeed sad and scary - isn't it? ... i've been thinking that maybe now is the time for believers to start praying "even so, come Lord Jesus, come ... " ... they prayed for His first coming - earnestly ... i've been thinking of praying that way more often for His second coming ... the thought of Christ return makes my heart yearn for Him even more ...

blessings to you!

HomemakerAng said...

this glass is gorgeous!

Gina E. said...

Ah Maggie, this is such a charming and beautiful photo. I love what you have done with these bottles and jars. I have some old Avon bottles on window ledges around the house, but I never thought of filling them with different coloured water and lining them up like a glass rainbow!
Thank you for your continuing interest in my linens; it is always a great pleasure for me to read your comments and know that someone out there is enjoying seeing my little treasures.

gramma_s said...

May I comment on one post twice? :-) Your glass bottles are soooo beautiful. My cousin has a maple syrup business in PA and thru the years I have bought maple syrup in differant sizes of clear maple leaf shaped bottles. In the fall I fill them with fall colored water and they make a inexpensive, but beautiful window decor for fall. Not quite a cheery as yours but nice. :-)