Friday, June 30, 2006



Instead of the title in this picture, please substitute 'Echo in the Darkness' by Francine Rivers. I was up past 2:30 a.m. to finish this wonderful, fantastic novel. I must say I think the publishers give to much info about the story on the back cover and the pictures on the front and spine. Just looking at the book spine closely in a random moment told me Hadassah's fate. I didn't want to find out 'that' way! I found that there is a third book in the series so tomorrow morning may find me at the library looking for it. I love checking books out but grudge the time to take them back, isn't that awlful of me? I think of finding a parking place...hmmm. And, of my love of procrastination...I'll do it tomorrow, thus bringing me ever closer to the due date. My home library is wonderful, the books are never overdue and within reach at any whim or moment. I am trully grateful for our public libraries though. My childhood would have been sadder than I could imagine without the delight of good books. My feet gladly covered the miles to the library and back home with my treasures!

"Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whoatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Phillippians 4:8

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I read that series awhile back..I understand the staying up till all hours to finish...

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I finally just bought the silly books. I could not stand returning them. Our church has a great book store. Once you read them and IF you do not want to keep them you can take them back there and they will resell them for $5.00 a book. That way if someone just cannot afford the FULL price they can buy it cheaper. I sometimes buy them that way also. Great idea. It is called, "Pass It Along".....Have fun reading...

Amy said...

Oh I just love books by that author, i can never put them down until I've finished lol

Saija said...

i absolutely LOVED the LION series ... the Lord blessed my heart through Francine's writing, that's for sure!

oh, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you guys !!!!

(big) hugs ...