Saturday, May 20, 2006


This sweet girl reminds me of Anne of Green Gables. I am reading this classic story right now and enjoying it as much as ever. Marilla seems much more mellow than I had thought of her before. Anyway, books make the most special friends, don't they!

Wishing you a blessed Lord's Day, hope its restful and draws your heart close to God...my wish for myself too.

"I know that my Redeemer liveth, And on the earth again shall stand; I know eternal life He giveth, That grace and power are in His hand." Hymn by Jessie B. Pounds/James H.Fillmore.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Have you seen the series? I've got it all on video - awesome watching.

Mindy said...

Great picture..very beautiful. I just purchased some Anne of Avonlea books from a yard sale...for some summer reading! Hope you had a wonderful weekend. blessings...xo

Mrs. Darling said...

You know I noticed that about Marilla too. When I read the books in my teens I thought she was somean. Several years ago I read it again and was amazed that she had changed! LOl I think it was me that changed. As an adult it's easier for us to see the adult perspective. The same thing happened when I reread Heidi. I thought the alm uncle was so meam to her at first. In reading it over he wasnt so mean after all!

Gina E. said...

Kindred spirits indeed!! I re-read Anne late last year when I was a bit depressed, and it lifted me right up out of that state as usual. I haven't seen any movies or tv shows of the book, so I guess I should go look for them, as I'm sure I would love them as much as the books. By the way, I always felt sorry for Marilla, even when I was a teen. I figured she must have had a hard life to be so embittered, and it was lovely to have Anne come into her life later on.

HomemakerAng said...

we too are big anne fans! just cant get enough! I wish I lived in that time! but i probably could not have slept in occassionally in that time period (SMILE)