Monday, May 22, 2006



Saturday night I made another 'altered cd' and isn't it fun..again =). This one was for a friend as part of her 'thank you' for getting me some Shirley Temple movie's at the church yard sale. I love the cheerfullness of the Mary Englebreit paper for the background. Sorry I couldn't show you the glass bead and metal button on the ribbon ends. The cookie cutter is an antique one picked up for practically a song. My friend loved it and I have plans to make a duplicate or something similar for me. My frig door is going to be a showcase of 'altered CDs' I want to try some using family photos too. Dawn has started me on such a great artform here....=). ~~Yes, I too have the Avonlea and Anne of Green Gables on CD and video and yes, they sure are treasures. Just hearing the Avonlea music puts me in a good mood. And you know what, Mrs.Darling is right...I'm having more empathy for Marilla now because I too am looking at her from a totally adult perspective. Interesting....isn't it? (grin).

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old time is still a-flying; A world where beauty fleets away.."R.L.Stevenson

"Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things God hath prepared for them that love him." I Corinthians 2:9 Isn't this truth a comfort? The passing of time cannot but work for good to those whose trust and faith are in Christ Jesus.

9 comments:

Sharon K said...

Oh how I love your artwork and I love the vintage look. Your friend is lucky to have you as her friend.

Dawn said...

This is so cute! Good work! Can't wait to see the next one!!!!!!

Saija said...

you are really putting your talents to good use!

hope you have a wonderful week!

Isabelle said...

Wow Maggie, this is another success! It looks like a cookie to me :) Adorable!

Have a blessed day!

HomemakerAng said...

what a new neat thing for a craft idea!

Rachel said...

...it looks like you are having much fun with those altered CD's!...since I don't have the Anne of Green Gables soundtrack anymore (I had an audio tape years ago-it fuzzed out, I think.), I will often put in the video tape instead just for listening to while creating...love it! :o)

Mrs. Darling said...

I've never seen these altered cd's. how gorgeous!

And I must thankyou for stopping by my poetry blog and for your kind words!

Mindy said...

How cute!! What a great idea...hope this finds you well today! Enjoy your day dear..xo

jag said...

Mom, you ARE AMAZING!! Those are really awesome. I don't know which one I like more. Have a wonderful day. I love you!