Tuesday, May 30, 2006



It finally happened! My only flowering maple houseplant is blooming. I love the pretty yellow. I had a pink one that had aphids...alas and I washed this one up and cut it back severely since it had a few too. Hopefully it will have a long life. Today....well, I had a good sleep-in and cooked a nice lunch for my hubby and his friend who came to help put up a suspended ceiling....that still isn't done but they got a lot done. Then I spent a good part of the afternoon practising my cello and the evening was taken up with my lesson. Yes, it is a great feeling to have the ironing caught up even though the laundry basket continues to collect more clothes to wash and iron. Thats ok.~~ Tomorrow I hope to tat and make an 'altered cd'. In the Sunday paper I read some wonderful storys of bravery about our Veterans. Isn't it something that when you read or hear of some really wonderful or brave thing, you feel like crying like a baby? Well, thats me anyway =). Tonight, I'm thankful for all the blessings we have, and that the day was pleasant. Duties have thier pleasantness, don't they.

"But godliness with contentment is great gain." I Timothy 6:6

4 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Lovely flowers, Maggie-Ann :)
I wish you a pleasant day. How is your Vivaldi coming along?

a suburban housewife said...

Hi, Maggie. I am on a mission from Elly "His Grace Abounds" (innotoftheworld.lifewithchrist.org) who has sent me to ask you to please allow anonymous comments. She is not from "blogspot" and says you can still allow word verification from non-blogspot commentors!

Marie said...

I am a sucker for any veteran memorial of any kind. I think their sacrifice is a small reflection of Christ's - they gave their very lives in service of others. I am always very moved.

sparrow's song said...

...I read some wonderful storys of bravery about our Veterans. Isn't it something that when you read or hear of some really wonderful or brave thing, you feel like crying like a baby? Well, thats me anyway.

I get emotional when they play the National anthem. It's hard not to be proud of those who gave their lives so that we might live in freedom.

The ultimate. Jesus laid His life down for us so that we ALL could be free. He brings a lasting peace.