Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Sharing thoughts from my journal dated February 23, 2001. ~~"It has just occurred to me why I value helpful books and poetry and especially my Bible-which changes my heart and mind with God's cleansing power and the voice of understanding and counsel from the LORD....I have "no one" to counsel me, encourage me, befriend me, build me up in character, have empathy for and with me, give instruction or rebuke...on this earth, like him. Only God knows my heart, my sins, my need to change where I need to. Only our creator can see our inward man. But...He gives communication and oh what a huge blessing to have an understanding of others. Humor... or empathy in sorrow or just shared experiences that you thought you alone experienced. How great and how quickly the gloom dissipates when we discover we are not alone in this thing and, "this too shall come to pass". .....just felt led to post this. Its just as true today as then. Love lightens every load, and sometimes even energizes! Hope your day is bright with love and energy. Psalm 115:12 "The LORD hath been mindful of us; he will bless us...."  Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Thanks for posting this. It spoke to me, especially the part that says "This too shall come to pass".

God bless!!

Miss Robyn said...

thanks for sharing that Maggie. I love the part too 'this too shall come to pass' sometimes very hard to remember that. xox

sparrow's song said...

You shared,
I have "no one" to counsel me, encourage me, befriend me, build me up in character, have empathy for and with me, give instruction or rebuke...on this earth, like him. Only God knows my heart, my sins, my need to change where I need to. Only our creator can see our inward man.

I wonder if it's a visional feedback which our flesh craves that keeps us from entering in with God in the spirit. How foolish we are when we finally enter in and then realize that He is all we really needed. He is what satisfies us.

Thank you for being a sister of spiritual substance.