Monday, October 24, 2005

Yes, a picture taken in the spring, who can blame me when the glory of spring and summer is now gone. I'm hoping to get some nice fall pictures to post this week, when the sun comes out. Fall is glorious too, would our heavenly Father let one season be without its beauties to refresh our hearts and remind us that He is real and sovereign. "For by him were all things created.....and by him all things consist". Colossians 1: 16a..17b. The seasons of our lives are passing quickly. Yesterday at church the evangelist said this. Baptists nor Catholic nor any other denomination will get into heaven....only Christians....those who have acknowledged to God in prayer that they are sinners and asking him for forgivness and for his salvation. Jesus didn't die and rise again from the dead in vain for me. I know I am a sinner, and when I came under conviction for my lost condition....after trying to lie to God and tell him that I was really pretty good, I realized the lie of it. When he said all have sinned....that certainly meant me. I humbled myself at the cross, and prayed to be saved. The door is still open, will you come in ? Now is the accepted time..... Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Great post, and a pretty picture. I see pansies in the background, are the ones in the foreground small pansies, or are they "johnny jump ups"?

Maggie Ann said...

Shelley, I think they are small pansies but I could be wrong.

Calidore said...

I think they might be what we call her in Australia - Violas. Same family, I think as Pansies and Johnny Jump ups, but an inbetween version of the two. Love the photo and especially love the ones of your kitchen. Very, very nice.

Saija said...

good reminder that NOW is the accepted time ... the Lord adds, "if you don't harden your heart" ... so sad when even as Christians we harden our hearts to what God wants us to do, or how to behave ... blessings to you!

HomemakerAng said...

your "sinners prayer" is written much more eloquently than mine :) The picture is gorgeous! wow, are they yours?
homemakerang

Maggie Ann said...

(tm) This photo was taken while on vacation. The pansies were glorious in a large container on the main street of the town. Now, I can enjoy them whenever I want...*smiles*