Thursday, October 27, 2005

Look whats in the drawer of Maggie Ann's jewelry box. Yes, both drawers are the resting places of moths and insects. It is wonderful what God creates. The beautiful green moth is a Luna moth. They only live a few days I think. It's been so long since I read up on them. I can't spell the butterfly's name so I'll let that pass. You can barely see the locust and perhaps katydid?? at the side. In my devotions in the book of Job...Job tells of God's great wonders of creation. "He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them"...He ends up saying.."By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent. Lo, these are parts of his ways; but how little a portion is heard of Him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?" Job 26:8,13,14... The footnote in my Bible which is a Ryrie study bible, King James Version...says, "Job's magnificent conclusion is this; How much knowledge of God is there beyond what we can see and hear". To think this great God came down to this cruel earth and died to take the punishment for our sins, so that we may become the children of God. John chapter 1, verse 12..."but as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name." Think of that word 'power' and what does it mean? It means to be 'born again' spiritually....His new creation...brought from the dead to living alive faith and fellowship with our Holy God and creator.  Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mad Ann Flint said...

Nice to hear from you! My husband and I went camping once and a luna moth kept us company the whole time. It inspired him to write a children's bok about it (that's what he does). right now he's trying to get his book "The Adventures of Merlin the Mouse" out to stores and the public. It's based on his real adventures with his pet mouse from years ago.

Maggie Ann said...

M.Ann F. I'm glad to hear from you. I've been wondering what you've been up to. I enjoyed reading your thoughts over at your blog. I'll look for your husband's book when I get out. Writing for children must be a delight. I still have our children's books up on a shelf. I always enjoyed them as much as they did! How long did that luna moth stay with you on your camping trip?