Monday, October 10, 2005

I am so sleepy, I'm wondoring if I've posted this before. Look at the sleeve protectors on this dress. Not exactly pretty are they? It makes me feel a little discouraged to think of the work back then in 1906. Dresses with mega yards of fabric to sew and keep ironed and no permanent press fabrics!!! How did they do it all? I'm very thankful to have the appliances we do today and I still get behind and have to play 'catch up'. "Order is the shape upon which beauty depends". Pearl Buck. I'm going to have to try to be more consistent with my little laundry room....I think Pearl has something there! "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver". Proverbs 25:11 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Miss Robyn said...

I don't know of Pearl Buck but it sounds like I need her in my laundry too :)