Monday, August 08, 2005

A good friend and I just spent the day shopping in a nearby town that is full of specialty shops. This needlework shop has always been one of my favorites. I was able to get 7 cross-stitch charts here today from the bargain rack...all for under $2.00. I knew I didn't need them so I picked things that were lovely but simple. They had a wonderful embroidery book, with all the how-to's but I passed it up for now because it was $26.00. This book showed how to make a bullion stitch teddy bear. I certainly was impressed with that! Actually I was still looking for info on bullion roses, and believe me, they are hard to track down, even on the internet. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Maggie Ann, I just noticed your comment about books on bullion stitching being hard to come by. I have an excellent book on this subject, called "A - Z of Bullions". There is a whole series of the A - Z books, all on different embroidery techniques. I am looking inside the cover now, and I have discovered that they are Aussie publications, so I don't know how hard they will be to buy over in the States. I will give you the details anyway:
Published by Country Bumpkin Publications, P.O. Box 194, Kent Town, Sth Australia 5071. Website is www.countrybumpkin.com.au.
The reference is ISBN O 9577 1599 4.
Hope this will be of some use to you! If you like, I will scan the cover and email it to you. Just ask!