Sunday, May 22, 2005

Even weeds are cheerful, that is untill you have to get dirt under your fingernails to pull them out ! I'll be happy to get a jump-start on the flower beds this week. The maple trees are sending tons of those 'twirly' seed pods spiraling downward over everthing. We might have our acre turn into a forest at this rate of 'seeding'. Anyway, its beautiful out. My husband and I went over to a nearby track and walked a couple of miles. I feel virtueous and smug, (well, just a little :-).... We had a great worship service at church, all about making sure you are saved. Pastor reminded us that its easy to say you are saved, but what actions in your life show you are saved. Is there enough evidence in our life for others to see we are saved, love God, and love others? I love our messages. They help me to know God better and I hear God speaking helps and instructions to me through his Word. I need His help always. I should be napping here and maybe I can get a short nap in yet before time to head off to choir practise. I am no great singer, just filler material, but we have a lot of fun and serve the Lord at the same time. Hope your Sunday afternoon is relaxing and refreshing, if you aren't at work that is :-). Am closing with this wonderful verse from Psalm 17:15..."As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness." Death is scary but the promises of God, are absolutely precious and our God will not forget them nor go back on them. There is not a "shadow of turning" with Him. James 1:17b. Posted by Hello

No comments: