Tuesday, February 01, 2005

This is the tatted snowflake I am working on. It is the first time I have ever tatted with beads and they do slow me down. A friend got this pattern from the "net". It's one of the "Tatmans'" patterns. The beads are gorgeous, I love the way they catch the light. This will either be turned into a bookmarker or the beginning of a snowflake mobile. That would be lovely. Ah, so much to do and I get tired very quickly !! Anyway, this is the last round and I am looking forward to finishing and starting something new. I had a great teacher several years ago, a group of us used to meet here at my house once a week and tat and buy shuttles and pattern books and "pick" our teachers brains and she was smart, a wonderful tatter. She turned out doilys and tatted collars and bookmarkers steadily and we were her admiration society. Posted by Hello

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow that is so cool that you can do that!

Marlene said...

Your tatting is gorgeous. I was never quite able to get the hang of shuttle tatting (but I was only about 11 or 12 at the time). My grandmother was trying to teach me and she was nearly as frustrated as I was will all my knots. As an adult, I did a bit of needle tatting, which looks the same but I found easier to learn.

Meredith said...

What a beautiful art form!

Home's Jewels said...

You do beautiful work. Tatting is one thing I've never tried. Maybe some day.

Maggie Ann said...

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my tatting. The first time I tried to learn how to hold the shuttle and "flip" the knots it was a "no go". But later on, with prayer and patience, I was off and running. I like how delicate tatting is and yet its so strong. My thanks to my teacher "Becky" and of course to my Lord. Watch out for those seed beads though, they sure know how to get in the way.