Saturday, October 02, 2004

New York City

Last weekend found us vacationing in New York City, wow, what a fascinating place to be. The crowds, the sidewalk artists (I really liked), we had our likenesses done and that was great fun. Every time I look at mine, I usually find myself smiling at the good memories of that day. And, when I saw the Statue of Liberty, it was very moving and grand. A moment of awe and thankfulness to experience seeing this famous beacon of welcome to America for so many people......the brilliant panorama of billboards in Times Square was something you have to experience for certain. And how tall the buildings are, so tall, its hard for sunlight to get down amongst the buildings and brighten the streets. Also amazing is that Times Square never seems to sleep, all the bright lights at night make it seem so alive, even more so than in the daytime. The Empire State Building's view at night was breathtaking....even though we only made it up to the 80th floor and took some snapshots out of an open window and had to leave (we were in a massive line of people,all waiting to get up to the top of the building)....because we had theatre tickets and had to watch the time closely. I look forward to going back....and hope there is time for another ferry ride (that was another long line we waited in, almost an hour, but worth the wait)......to view New York City from the ferry, and most of all to soak up the experience of viewing the majestic Statue of Liberty. Wasn't it Patrick Henry who said, "Give me liberty or give me death".~~~~~I quote..."My country, tis of thee, Sweet land of liberty,..Of thee I sing...Land where my fathers died, Land of the pilgrims pride, From every mountain side.....Let freedom ring.....Our fathers's God, to Thee, Author of liberty...to thee we sing...Long may our land be bright ...With freedom's holy light...Protect us by Thy might, Great God, our King! America...our home.

No comments: