Saturday, June 19, 2004

A Saturday's Update

This has been a busy couple of weeks. Getting the garden in and flower beds worked on has been a big accomplishment, satisfying but.....tiring. Last night I was reading the May issue of "Health" magazine. If you have access to this magazine, I suggest reading the article "The Down Side of Up". It has very timely articles that are informative and helpful. I've never been in the situation of this particular article but my heart goes out to people who are in those situations.
This week I am learning how to "wrap short rows" in knitting. Once again a dishcloth/facecloth is my springboard to more knowledgeable knitting. Besides, its fun to learn new things.
My husband and I went to a greenhouse Thursday evening and selected some plants for our flowerbeds. They had such a wonderful selection it was hard to choose, but coleous are a constant favorite with me. We ended up with two hanging baskets with a pink and purple color theme, and a Boston fern. The trunk of the car was actually crammed full of plants, and thankfully, nothing broke off or was damaged on the ride home. We created two pots of mixed plants, and I bravely suffered just three mosquitoe bites as a result of being outside at dusk. Here is something nice to ponder;
"To live content with what you have;
To seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion
to be worthy, not reputable, and wealthy, not rich;
To listen to stars and birds, babes and sages with open heart; To study hard;
To think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never;
In a word to let the spiritial, unbidden and unconscious, grow up throught the common-
This is my sympony."
William Henry Channing

No comments: