Friday, April 03, 2020

I've always liked this vintage Post Card. It is lovely and cheerful. Wasn't God wonderful to let us enjoy yellow roses?  Even a picture of a beautiful rose is special.  I pray daily for God's care in everthing.  We  had a message from Psalm 91 last Sunday, and it was very special.  How trusting in  God is a safe place, a place of comfort.

I made these candies a while ago.  Super easy to make...I miss the Merkins? candy melts for coating.

Crispy (no bake) Peanut Butter Balls

Mix well...1 cup peanut butter (smooth) with 1 7oz. jar marshmallow creme.

Add and mix well...1 1/2 cups rice crispies cereal....shape into balls and coat with dipping chocolate (Merkins) or 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips plus 4 teaspooons shortening. Melt and coat peanut butter balls. Refrigerate until chocolate hardens. This melted chocolate chips and shortening did not harden for me as I wanted.  I have made this recipe often with Merkins and it was 4 star!

Psalm 91:2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God: in him will I trust.

1 comment:

Mama Joan said...

Good to see you posting! I have tried to call numerous times, but never got ahold of you. Call next week when you can chat.

Wish those candies were calorie-free.