Saturday, September 15, 2018

Just wishin....

Oh how I wish I had more energy!  Last week was great, and I did have more energy then.  I had a Birthday/tea party for a friend.  It was so much fun and a great reason to make things pretty for the tea party table. My wish came true, wishing for energy, and I had forgotten about it.

Still putting jigsaw puzzles together, and it is so calming and relaxing to me. I have restless leg syndrome and that is just the best medicine for it.

I just read 'Because of Winn-Dixie' and absolutely loved it!!!!  What a charming and sweet story. I also finished 'One Doctor' by Brendan Reilly, M.D. It is very interesting but sobering to read the true stories of this M.D.  and the health issues that eventually come to most of us as we age.

The garden is just about done now, and our garden is loaded with wonderful butternut squash.  I love those squash!  They are tasty and keep for months.

Our three apple trees have worked hard for us....to hard maybe.  My  husband has worked like a dog raking apples and picking them up and even making yummy applesauce.  My strength and energy limit me so it is up to him all the way.  He is cheerful though.....and such a hard worker.

Psalm 34:8 'O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed  is the man that trusteth in him.'

3 comments:

Winifred said...

What a lovely little angel.
Haven't been blogging much recently but trying to get back to it now.
Spending so much time on sewing, knitting & catching up with friends.
How lovely all those apples. We have none now in our garden but a friend gives us some beauties. We manage to eat them all so none ever get cooked even though we love a crumble!
Wishing you lots more energy, it's awful when you feel so low.

Dolly said...

What a sweet-sounding husband/marriage you have. I miss James so !

I went back to Grace Livingston Hill this week, and re-read "The Enchanted Barn". Oh, I enjoyed the simple time that it portrayed !

I haven't had much energy myself.....maybe I need to set up my puzzle table again, too.

Have a wonderful week, sweet blogging friend.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I understand that wish for more energy. I just would like for Jack and I to stay well for awhile! Much love and prayers.