Wednesday, July 25, 2018

A spinning wheel day...

 I have two bobbins spun now and will spin them together for a two-ply yarn.  Although the wool I bought has some dried vegetation now and then, which I try to pick out as I go...the finished yarn looks like it will be very pretty.  Just enough for a nice scarf, and September is closer than we think.


This wool was variegated, blue and brown, 4 ounces.  A good day for spinning,  it is rainy and overcast.  I have lots of happy things to occupy my time though,  and am reading such an interesting book.  If you might be wondering what it is....the name of the book is 'Endal'.  I bought it for 99 cents on Amazon Kindle.

Endal is the story of an injured  English Navy man who suffered a terrible head injury in a car wreck, and nothing is able to help him until he lets Endal a 'service' dog into his life.  The book is written by the man himself and his long suffering wife.  His wife is a heroine for her selfless care she gives this  husband who does not even remember her!, and treats her rudely most of the time.

I am also memorizing Psalm 62.  How I love the psalms!

Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from  him cometh my salvation. He only is my rock...

5 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The yarn is beautiful....love those soft shades of blue. I might write those scriptures in my journal today. I'll read them for sure! Hugs!

Patsy said...

That is a very satisfying thing from start to finish.
Good job!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Lovely yarn that is and will make a right nice scarf!

Mrs. Mac said...

Beautiful yarn you've made. Can't wait to see the scarf. I'm almost ready to think about fall. It's been so hot of late. Hugs.

Saija said...

memorizing is such a good thing to do ... it seems i can remember verses better when they are sung ... :) ...

i visited my mom a month ago (8 hour drive one way) ... she showed me her weaving loom room ... full of old clothes, ready to be cut and reused for rugs ... her loom took up most of the area ... at 83 she is still so involved with her projects ...