Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Bunny stories...and my 2 cents worth.

This book has a charming story and also delightful artwork on every page. I loved it and I bought it, even though I am a Grandmother. Its too bad they don't illustrate adult books with artist sketches, like they used to. The artwork reinforced the story....helping it to become even more enjoyable.  (the Trixie Belden series, had sketches throughout the story, remember?)

I am listening to 'Whitefoot the Wood Mouse'  by Thonton Burgess, a master storyteller good at giving little lesssons along the way.

5 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I would love it too. It does look a bit familiar but the story you are listening to doesn't. I'll have to do a google search! Enjoy your evening my friend. Hugs, Diane

KathyB. said...

Childrens' books , especially beautifully illustrated books, will always capture me and I have a large collection of them I re-read often. It's even better when I have grandchildren to read them with.

Now I am going to have to check out the story you're listening to.

Patsy said...

I have been rereading Uncle Wiggily's Travels on my
I pad and sad to say there are no pictures with the down load,
and they do make the story much better.

Saija said...

i used to love picture books as a young'un ... i remember how the story became alive ... i'm glad you were able to enjoy, once more!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you and I once discussed the "Mildred" books by Martha Finley. Yesterday I was googling the old hymn, Bringing In The Sheaves. The songwriter was married to Ms. Finley!