Friday, September 02, 2016

Strawberry Plate Day....

 I had recently commented that I just couldn't grow roses like this....and this potted rose burst forth in all its gorgeous glory, with a wonderful fragrance! How I am enjoying it. Four blooms so far and holding.....my breath. Could this be brought inside for the winter?

 Celebrating my dear friend's Birthday.  We always get together for a tea party on her Birthday and mine, oh what fun we had!!


Is there ever any more beautiful dishes than 'Johnston Brothers of England' make!  This strawberry design is to the moon.

7 comments:

Elizabethd said...

I have Johnsons china in blue, and it is one of my favourites.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What gorgeous china! And you should bring the rose in this winter and at least try it by a window to give it light. Happy weekend! Hugs!

Dolly said...

And those pink glasses ! Be still, my heart !

Patsy said...

Love the rose, hope it will live this winter for you.
I think your dishes are lovely.

Anonymous said...

The rose is gorgeous. I would definitely try bringing it indoors.
How special to enjoy a tea party with one another for birthdays. The china is so pretty - just makes you feel good to look at it. Those napkins have such a sweet sentiment. I am adding you to my blog reader and look forward to following along. Take care.

Saija said...

beautiful setting ... and i'm so glad you have special folks in your life to enjoy moments like this with ... blessings on you dear one!

Kim said...

Your tea party looked delightful!